We want you to understand how and why PackersDatabase (“PackersDatabase,” “we” or “us”) collects, uses, and shares information about you when you use our website, and services (collectively, the "Services") or when you otherwise interact with us or receive a communication from us.
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide to us directly when you use the Services. This includes:
Account information. To create an account, you must provide an email address, username and password. Your username is public, and can be anything. If you sign up with facebook you'll be given a default anonymous username which you can change. If you sign up with facebook your name will be associated with your account details, you can change your name if you want to remain anonymous. We also store your user account preferences and settings.
Content you submit. We collect the content you submit to the Services. This includes your memorabilia submissions, listings, and comments including, your messages with other users (e.g., private messages), and other communications with us. Your content may include text, links, images, gifs, and videos.
Actions you take. We collect information about the actions you take when using the website. This includes your interactions with content, like adding / removing items to your collection.
Other information. You may choose to provide other information directly to us. For example, we may collect information when you request customer support or otherwise communicate with us.
When you access or use our Services, we may also automatically collect information about you. This includes:
Log and usage data. We may log information when you access and use the Services. This may include your IP address, user-agent string, browser type, operating system, referral URLs, pages visited, links clicked, the requested URL, and search terms.
Information collected from cookies and similar technologies. We may receive information from cookies, which are pieces of data your browser stores and sends back to us when making requests, and similar technologies. We use this information to improve your experience, understand user activity, personalize content and advertisements, and improve the quality of our Services. For more information on how you can disable cookies, please see “Your Choices” below.
Linked services. If you authorize or link other services (e.g., third-party apps or websites) to access your PackersDatabase account, PackersDatabase receives information about your use of that service when it uses that authorization. Linking services may also cause the other service to send us information about your account with that service. To learn how information is shared with linked services, see “How Information About You Is Shared” below.
We use information about you to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve the website;
- Help protect the safety of PackersDatabase and our users, which includes blocking suspected spammers, addressing abuse, and enforcing the PackersDatabase user agreement and our other policies;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, invoices and other support and administrative messages;
- Provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, and events, and provide other news and information we think will be of interest to you (for information about how to opt out of these communications, see “Your Choices” below);
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services; and
- Personalize the Services and provide advertisements, content and features that match user profiles or interests. (for information about how to manage the types of advertisements you experience on our Services, see “Your Choices” below)
When you use the Services, certain information may be shared with other users and the public. For example:
- When you submit content (such as creating a memorabilia item, listing, or comment) to the Services, any visitors to and users of our Services will be able to see that content, the username associated with the content, and the date and time you originally submitted the content.
- When you send private messages, the recipients of those messages will be able to see the content of your message, your username, and the date and time the message was sent.
- When other users view your profile, they will be able to see information about your activities on the Services, such as your username, name, activity feed including submissions and comments, points, badges, and how long you have been a member of the Services.
Please note that, even when you delete your account, the posts, comments and messages you submit through the Services may still be viewable or available on our servers. For more information, see “Your Choices” below.
Otherwise, we do not share, sell, or give away your personal information to third parties unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- With linked services. If you link your PackersDatabase account with a third-party service, PackersDatabase will share the information you authorize with that third-party service. You can control this sharing as described in "Your Choices" below.
- To comply with the law. We may share information in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, including, but not limited to, meeting national security or law enforcement requirements. To the extent the law allows it, we will attempt to provide you with prior notice before disclosing your information in response to such a request.
- To enforce our policies and rights. We may share information if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements.
- With your consent. We may share information about you with your consent or at your direction.
We may partner with third-party advertisers, ad networks, and analytics providers to deliver advertising and content targeted to your interests and to better understand your use of the Services. These third parties may collect information sent by your computer, browser, or mobile device in response to a request for content, such as unique identifiers, your IP address, or other information about your computer or device. For example:
We use analytics partners (such as Google Analytics)
As a PackersDatabase user, you have choices about how to protect and limit the collection, use, and disclosure of information about you.
You can access and change certain information through the Services.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject first- and third-party cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
Some analytics providers we partner with may provide specific opt-out mechanisms and we may provide, as needed and as available, additional tools and third-party services that allow you to better understand cookies and how you can opt-out. For example, you may manage the use and collection of certain information by Google Analytics here.
Most modern web browsers give you the option to send a Do Not Track signal to the websites you visit, indicating that you do not wish to be tracked. However, there is no accepted standard for how a website should respond to this signal, and we do not take any action in response to this signal. Instead, in addition to publicly available third-party tools, we offer you the choices described in this policy to manage the collection and use of information about you.
We take measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. For example, we use HTTPS while information is being transmitted. We also enforce technical and administrative access controls to limit which of our employees have access to non-public personal information.
We store the information we collect for as long as it is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it. We may retain certain information for legitimate business purposes or as required by law.
We are based in the United States and we process and store information on servers located in the United States. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing, transfer and storage of information in and to the U.S., where you may not have the same rights as you do under local law.
Children under the age of 13 are not allowed to create an account or otherwise use the Services. Additionally, if you are in the EEA, you must be over the age required by the laws of your country to create an account or otherwise use the Services, or we need to have obtained verifiable consent from your parent or legal guardian.